
I can’t believe that it has already been two years since the day that you were born. I remember that summer vividly. My job had me working near your mom, my sister, and so I was blessed with the opportunity to watch you grow inside your mother
Early in the morning I received a call saying that you were on your way. I took my time getting ready, I then stopped at work to let them know I was not coming in, and of course I had to pick up some flowers. You see I was expecting you to be tightly rapped in a new blanket laying in bed the first time that I lay eyes on you BUT God had different plans.
As I drove up to the hospital my dad, your grandfather, was standing at the doors hollering at me to hurry up. I followed him running through the halls and next thing I know I’m walking in on my sister trying to push you out.
“He’s almost here…he was just waiting for his aunt” said the doctor. I walked over by your mothers head and minutes later there you appeared. At that very moment you took a piece of my heart and filled it with a love that I cannot explain. Yes, you are your mother and fathers son but you are also mine. You are my nephew, a part of my family, and you will always be mine.
I’m sorry that I could not be there for your birthday party but know that I’ve been thinking about you all day. My birthday wish for you today is and always will be that your life will be full of love and adventure. May our Lord bless you and keep you, May His face shine upon you.
Love your aunt Jess
2 comments:
Precious!
Jess, you are amazing! Maybe I'm just emotional, but that really touched me. I love you.
Post a Comment