
Much of my travel was spent relying on strangers. Often I would disembark a plane or cab and pray, “God, pick someone to help me get to the next place.” God was always faithful and I was constantly amazed at how he chose unsuspecting persons to go above and beyond to help me navigate the crazy that is India.

During my travels I saw new lands, was introduced to new tribes, and made new friends.
The Shanks were kind enough to put me up in their house and allow me to walk beside them in their daily lives. I enjoyed my early morning talks with Kari and was in awe as I saw Hanna take some of her first steps.

Kari took me to some girls hostels were I got to share my story and listen to them sing and share their testimonies.
We also had lunch with some friends. It is truly a humbling experience when a friend makes you a meal that she could not afford for her own family but shares with you.

After leaving Shillong I enjoyed a few days in Delhi were I was reunited with my friend Wendy and the Boss family.
Delhi is great at providing some amazing shopping, American movies, and most of all American food.


My last night in Delhi happened to be Diwali. This is a probably India’s biggest holiday. It is the festival of lights and celebrated by lighting candles and setting off fireworks. If you can imagine what a war zone sounds like then you can imagine Deiwaili.
Some things I learned on my trip:
*Indian restaurants are obsessed with 90’s music…and I love it.
*I’m so glad that I live in Nepal and not India.
*I should give my parents a detailed travel schedule and contact numbers so the next time an “East Indian” calls them to sell something they do not think that he is actually calling to tell them I’m injured.

At the end of my trip I still prefer to travel with other people but what God taught me was He is faithful to take care of me and bring people across my path to help me.
6 comments:
I'm so glad that you made it through your travels safely and....yay for subway!
My worlds are colliding and I love it! You met the Shanks? I've known Kari since back in the day! I'm jealous that you got to meet Hannah before I did!
The pics and your beaming smile in them say it all.
Wow Jess, I am so impressed!!! You are such the international now.
I love reading your blog and seeing God work in your life - thank you for sharing. You look so beautiful in the pics you shared with us. God is so good!
Too funny and loved the pictures and the comments. Very weird that we did get that strange call from India and it wasn't from you. Besides, trying to make sense of a phone call at 5 in the morning is not something your father can do.
Dude, that last picture at Subway could have been in the U.S. =) I hope you enjoyed your sandwich!
Post a Comment