Monday, November 10, 2008

Riding on top

November in Nepal is absolutely perfect. The sky is blue and the Himalayas stand proud in the distance. The weather is cool in the morning and evening and perfect during the day.
I am absolutely in love with November in Nepal.

I recently returned home from a trip to a region called Helambu (more about that to come) On the way home the journey was slow due to the poor roads. A friend and I decided to ditch our seats and climb up to the top of the bus. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this mode of transportation.

I must tell you that the absolute BEST way to see Nepal is on the top of a bus. Yes, you will walk away a little dusty but the view is amazing and the November sun covers you like blanket.
passing another bus
view from the top
harvesting the rice

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Is the bus slow enough to feel pretty steady up there? Especially with the picture taking?

Mom or Dad said...

I can tell you had a good time... every picture of you on the roof had you with this wonderful smile. I kind of remember you doing the same kind of thing as a little girl riding in the back of the pickup.
dad