Thursday, October 16, 2008

leaving the country


Due to the type of visa that I currently have in Nepal I am forced to leave the country for a few weeks. On Monday morning I found myself sitting at the travel agents making arrangements to go to India.

My plans are rough to say the least. What I have planned so far is to make it past customs, board a plane, and hope to find a phone when I arrive at my destination. From that point I have a name and phone number to call…and pray for the best.

I would like to believe that I am flexible, laid back, easy going etc. thus making me a pro at navigating through “rough” travel. The truth be told I don’t trust myself to travel alone. It is in times like these that I cling to the knowledge that God is traveling right along side me.

He asked me to sign up for this adventure “single” fully knowing that He would be my travel companion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you're flying Air India, be sure to pack an extra set of clothes in your carry-on. We have both experienced and heard stories of their propensity toward...shall we say...circuitous routes. =)

It's always an adventure. =) Have a good trip!