When people ask where I am from rarely will I tell them the name of my hometown. First I start out by saying I am from Washington State NOT Washington D.C. (“No, I don’t know the President”)
From there I may say that I’m from Central Washington. It is only if someone seems truly interested or has been to area that I say, “I’m from Zillah WA.”
Zillah is your typical American small town. There are no stoplights but there are your essential small town stores.
Every year Zillah has “Zillah Days.” I happened to be home this year to attend with some of my family. It is the epitome of a small town. I love that everyone from town comes out. They start the day with a big breakfast and then line the street to watch the parade.
After the parade is a carnival and local food and crafts are available to purchase.
If you’ve grown up in this town you will be sitting amongst old high school classmates, cousins, and the local butcher….I love small town life.
1 comment:
Wow, no stoplights, huh? My hometown has...6, I think. No, maybe it's 8 or something like that. But I can remember when there were only 3! Welcome to blogger! I also am a recent addition.
Post a Comment