Sunday, May 25, 2008

Richmond, VA


I’m currently in the Richmond VA area training for a job overseas. Due to the busy training schedule and my lack of car I have not had the chance to truly explore Richmond or to just indulge in my love for being a tourist.

Yesterday a family that I know invited me to be a tourist with them. So we piled into the mini van and headed off for a day of sun, history, and great people watching.

Old Town ,VCU, Belle Isle, and Shockoe Bottom were just a few of the places that we experienced.

I loved the history that permeates every little alley and corner of this city. The people that we ran into were great and the local restaurants offered a hometown feel.
By the end of my day I was tired and had a few blisters from walking in new sandals but it was all worth it. Thanks’ Dodson family for adopting this single girl for the day.

No comments: