This month marks the 10 year anniversary of my passport…ie. It expires.
When I first received my passport it was love at first sight. At the time I never could have imagined the adventures that little Passport and I would have. The first stamp it received was from Manchester England. I look back on that first international trip with great fondness and to this day stay in touch with friends I made then.
Passport and I have had many adventures since then. There was that time we fell asleep in the Amsterdam airport and almost missed our flight. There has been more than one ocassion when we have had to bribe airport officials to get us a temporary visa. The best is when we return to the US and the government offical welcomes us home.
Whenver Passport and I travel I hold on tight and never let it out of my sight.
Passport and I have traveld to Great Britain, China, Bangladesh, India, Thailand, and Nepal. If you take a look inside you will see
18 visas
60 arrival/departure stamps
new pages added
a picture of me with bad hair
and a story to tell
I’m gonna miss you Passport. Although New Passport and I will go on many adventures you will not be forgotten
3 comments:
I love this blog idea and I'm totally going to steal it soon when my passport expires. I'll give you the credit though, don't worry!
What will your first stamp be in your new passport? (besides the departure stamp from Nepal)
What a fun post! I may copy you. :-)
My first passport would have expired this month as well, but I had to get a new one when I got married, so...my old one has had holes punched in it already. My new one though...I can only imagine all the adventures we'll have together!
Great story, brought moisture to my eyes... not.
You will have many more adventures... starting in a couple of weeks!!! I will say, it was a good tribute to "PASSPORT" Love you Dad.
Post a Comment