I have obviously been behind on blogging. A large part of this is due to the wacky power schedule here in Nepal. It seems that when I actually receive power in the evening there is no Internet. So today (Good Friday) I am trying to get a little caught up.
Here are a few things that are on my mind
Here are a few things that are on my mind
I went to the American Embassy the other day. I must say that the trip was a little disappointing.
1. I did not talk to one single American. For some reason I had it in my head that it would be a little bit like a homecoming. That I would see my fellow Americans and we would smile at each other and talk about hot dogs and Lucky Charms.
2. The waiting room was sterile and boring. There were a bunch of very quite Nepalese sitting in chairs watching a video on how to fill out the proper forms. If I were in charge I would have a big western mural (much like the Toppenish, WA murals) painted on the walls and patriotic songs piping through the room. http://www.toppenish.net/toppenish/home.aspx
My friend Andrea recently introduced me to a new web site called The Pioneer Woman (http://thepioneerwoman.com/)
Some of my favorite things about this website are…
Her blog is great. She is funny and real, two things I admire in any blog
Her recipes are AMAZING and they have lots of pictures
Her pictures. She shares me affinity for cows.
These days my current reading material is Europe On A Shoestring.
You see, on April 24 I will be boarding a ship for a Mediterranean cruise. This has always been a dream of my cousins and I…and now our dreams are coming true. Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Egypt will be our stops.
Summer has come to Nepal. It is soooo warm. I love the warm weather but I am quickly remembering things I don’t like. With summer comes flies, ants, and sweaty helmet hair. However with summer comes swimming, volunteers from America, and mangos.
I feel like I am lacking in Easter traditions. Growing up I always had a new dress for Easter Sunday my Mom and Dad always had baskets for my sister and, lots of food was consumed. Now that I live overseas and Mom is not around to surprise me with an Easter basket I feel a little out of touch. So, to rectify this situation I am going to attempt to make a carrot cake for Sunday. If it turns out good then I will be making one every year and someday someone somewhere will blog about how much they love Aunt Jess and her Easter Sunday Carrot cake.

These are just a few things on my mind…


2 comments:
I love you! I've missed your posts, and I like Pioneer Woman too. Also, a carrot cake tradition sounds awesome.
I'm glad to know that you're reading the book about Europe. I expect you to come up with great ideas that are extremely cheap!!
Post a Comment