I'm back in America for three weeks!!! My amazing church in Portland gave me a gift that allowed me to fly home to celebrate the holidays with my family. The day that I flew home was looooong and a little bit crazy. Here are a few of my thoughts that I wrote down when hanging out in the LA airport.
*As the wheels hit the LA runway I could not help but smile. I was now on American soil.
*Stood in line with a man wearing camoflouge and a CHEVROLET camo hat.
*After being grilled on wether or not I brought yak poo or meat into the country I was then given a "welcome home"...love that
*I love that all the announcments in the airport were in english. It almost seemed too easy finding my luggage carosel.
*Although I managed to find my way to the United connection there were a few moments of confusion, getting off at the wrong stop, and trying to go in the wrong line.
*It is nice to know that a smile and a thank you still goes a long way in the states.
*So thankfull that there is a Starbucks at my terminal as I wait to go to Portland.
*When asked if I wanted whip-cream on my drink my waist line made me hessisitate for a secconed before saying YES with a big grin.
*Starbucks is playing Christmas music and has Christas decorations...I luvs it.
*While searching out a toilet I walked into the middle of a airport security trying to subdue a drunk man. Everyone around was keeping a safe distance, almost creating a sort of bubble that blocked me from getting to the bathroom. Security did not try to stop me so I kept on walking through the "safe bubble"...I mean, I just came from Nepal, one drunk and dissorderly American is nothing!
*although Portland was FREEZING the welcome home hugs were warm.
2 comments:
Welcome home little girl.
Dad.
LOVE it! So glad you were able to come home for a short time. May your time be very sweet and blessed!
Post a Comment