If you watched American news then you may have heard that the Northwest was hit with a winter storm. Where my parents live it started snowing on a Wednesday and did not really stop until Friday. Schools were delayed, people were stuck, danger seemed emanate...and I loved it!
There is something about snow that I adore. It is reminiscent of childhood and adventure. Days of sledding, snowball fights, ending with wet clothes and hot chocolate. Every child should be so lucky as to experience snow. I also love the unknown that snow brings. Will I be able to make it up the driveway? Will school be closed? Will it snow again tomorrow? Every question holds adventure in the answer.
As I’ve gotten older I’ve quickly learned that the latter effects of snow lead to slushy streets, dirty cars, and make up days. Snow may pause life for a few days but reality will eventually set back in.
Some of my favorite things about snow
+ it makes everything look prettier…as if giving the barren trees a winter sweater
+ it causes everyone to stop…no work, no school, no extracuriculars just stay home.
+ I am in awe of the gentle force…is soft and slow, yet in a few hours covers everything
After a few warm sunny days the snow quickly melted away from the streets and life seemed to return back to normal. It however, sure was nice that it came to visit for a few days.
1 comment:
That's a great picture of Buster!
Post a Comment