Friday, March 11, 2011

"normal"


In hopes of trying to be a regular blogger I decided to start “normal Friday”. It will just be a snippet of what is “normal” in my life but at home in the states it might not be so normal.

Right now Nepal is up to 16 hrs a day without power. We have a schedule to let us know when we will actually have power. For example on Saturday I have electricity from the hours of 10am to 1pm. Then it will come back on again from 10pm to 1am.

This lifestyle leads to a few strange things that are normal to me
Reading at night with a flash light.
Carrying a flashlight in my purse
Candle light dinners
Watching movies on my laptop
Leaving meetings early because the power is on and I need to do laundry

Rumor has it that the power will start to improve in May…this is normal in my world. 

No comments: