Tuesday, August 11, 2009

loosing a toe nail


I don't know what it is about the country that makes me loose my toe nails....

maybe it is because I am constantly in sandals or flip flops.

This most recent occurrence happened when I had to jump start my scooter while wearing flip flops. My foot slipped and I jammed my toe into the bike.

I knew thew there was something amiss with my toe when the toenail turned black surrounded by shades of yellow. I had painted over the ugliness only to have the nail fall off.

Now, I am left with nine painted toes and a nubbin of a toe nail. (sigh) It is not the first time I have lost a toe nail and I'm sure that it is not the last.

BTW ...
yes there is mud on my toe...I did not wash my feet before taking the picture

I did not realize how ugly my feet were until I took an up close photo of them

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I've lost a toenail before and it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to grow back. I just painted the skin where the nail was supposed to be so nobody could tell!

Michelle said...

Oooh, I knew a girl in college who lost a toenail and it never grew back. You need to be careful!

Christina Moore said...

I don't think your feet are ugly, but in desperate need of a pedicure....can't you get those really cheap? You could do some serious damage with those crazy long nails.