I started off June by having a birthday. My friends were great in helping me celebrate. My friend Tammy made me a funfeti cake (one of my faves) and then a few days later some friends and I spent all day at the spa. A day full of massages, manicures, pedicures, swimming, and good food...I can not think of a better way to celebrate a birthday.
In the midst of all the celebrating I was also preparing for a medical team to come. The Medical camp was a huge success as was reported in a previous blog. What I did not share however was how pretty much EVERYTHING came together at the very last minute. I had plenty of days when my prayers where "God, only you can work this one out".

As I was working on organizing the medical camp I was also working on obtaining my Nepal visa.
Getting a long term visa in Nepal is not easy and when your computer crashes and the offices go on strike it is even more difficult. Again, this became a situation when my prayer was "God, only you can do this". Sure enough, on the day my tourist visa expired Nepal gave me a 10 month visa.
After my medical team left and I got my brand new visa I boarded a plane for Thailand. Now, there is something that you should know about my trips to Thailand. I don't truly interact with the Thai culture when I visit Thailand. I might have one plate of pad tai and say thank you in Thai but that is about it. You see, for those of us Americans that live on this side of the world Thailand is the closest thing to our culture that we have seen in months. So my time in Thailand is spent going to the theaters, eating, and shopping.
Some of my favorite parts of this most recent trip to Thailand where...
*First class theater. Imagine, reclining chairs, blankets for the AC, and all you can eat popcorn and Coke. You just push a button and they come to your seat with a refill.
*Eating. Outback Steakhouse, Burger King, Mc Donald's, Subway, Pizza Hut...I got my fill of beef, pork, pepperoni, and greasy food.

*The Flight of the Gibbon. One day a group of friends and I went on this adventure located in the Rainforest of Chaing Mai. We spent two hours zip linening through the forest. It was so much fun.
*The 4th of July. The American consulate hosted a 4th of July party in Chaing Mai. I ate a hot dogs, line danced, and watched fireworks. It truly felt like an American celebration...I loved it.

Now, I'm back in Kathmandu. I had a week off and it was a great time of rest and adjusting back to life here. This week my schedule has picked up again. I am teaching english 3x a week. Tutoring English students 4x a week and still taking Nepali classes 2x a week. I will have this schedule for the next 2 months. It is going to be busy but I know that it will be a good busy.
2 comments:
That sounds like some fantastic adventures and R&R! Glad to see you posting again.
Always love it when you blog....
Post a Comment