Monday, February 23, 2009

I recently moved into my new apartment. It is just down stairs from where I had been living so it was not much of a move.

Some of my friends that have asked for pictures of the new apartment have yet to see them for the main reason being that setting up a new apartment has been a point of contention and frustraition. It turns out that I am not good at setting up a new home. Here are a few examples…

*The toaster I purchased will not fit into any outlet in the entire house
*My TV either plays back ground music or voices but not both nor does it have a hook up for cable.
*I ordered a bed over a month ago and it has yet to be completed
*I’ve ordered a mattress and am not sure if it will fit
*The kitchen table is uneven..it inconvinetly slopes down

I have yet to purchase a TV stand, chairs to go with the gimpy table, knives, coffee table and furniture for the guest bedroom.

Things add up quickly and I miss second hand shops and yard sales.

I now understand why newleyweds register…sestting up a home is expensive.

When my home is more complete I will be sure to take pictures and have some sort of follow up post

....as I reviewed my post before publishing it I realized it was a little negative so let me take a moment and play the positive game.

*I have a water purifier
*great paint on the walls
*a super comfy red couch
*hot water heater for my shower
*pretty curtains for my bedroom

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm glad to hear about your hot water heater. I also remember too well, living in the dorms without a couch. We would go over to the Sandusky's just so we could sit on their couch. Never underestimate the power of a good couch. I'm gonna go sit on mine right now and possibly write a poem about couches. Unless I fall asleep first, which is also a sign that you've found a great couch.

Jackie said...

I got one...

C...is for couch. Comfortable comfortable couch!
O...how I love thee, couch!
U...really should try this couch.
C...I told you it was comfortable.
H...uhhh...let me get back to you on this one.

Jackie said...

Hooray for couches!!