Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wedding Video

I have known Ymona (Didi) since 2004 when she was my houskeeper the first time I lived in Nepal. Since then she has cleaned house for many a single girl and guy who have come to live in work in Nepal. Now that I am back I love having her in my home again. Not just because she cleans but because she is a welcome presence.

The two times a week that she comes to my home is often the only two times that I will be hugged by a friend, a woman who cares. Needless to say she has become more of an “auntie” than a housekeeper. So when she invited myself and four other friends to her daughter’s wedding we were all excited at the opportunity to go.

Weddings in Nepal are a big deal. They are an ALL day event. The actual wedding ceremony is short and not viewed by many. The important thing is the party. I tried to capture our 12 hour journey in this 4min video. I hope you enjoy this glimpse into a Nepali wedding.



2 comments:

Andrea said...

Of course I loved every minute of it. What were the first 2 songs on the video? The Hindi one was so pretty!

Looks like a really long, but fun day! Thanks for taking the time to take pictures and video!

jesserae said...

the first song is called "In Mind" by Do Make Say Think on the album You, You're A History In rust
The second song is a popular Hindi song called Teri Ore.
I'm glad you liked it!