Thursday, December 4, 2008

work, finals, papers, etc.


I noticed recently on facebook that a lot of my friends seem to be up to their….umm…knees with work, finals, papers, etc. I all to well remember cramming everything in before the holidays. I recall a few late nights spent in the GGBTS computer lab trying to master Terrabian format. Needless to say I do not miss that.

It is however ironic that while writing this blog I should be studying for my oral exam this Sunday. It is a twenty min. exam where I converse with a Nepali teacher and am then scored accordingly. My teacher is concerned over my vocabulary or lack there of.
I few words that seem to be eluding my brain are:
Leg
Tree
Medicine
Cigarette
North, South, East, and West

Some other problems I’m having are:

I am constantly mixing up the verbs “sing” and “dance”…I guess my brain assumes they go hand in hand

I cannot tell the difference between the word “water” and “also”. One is pronounced “pani” and the other is pronounced “phani”

All this to say, friends, who are smack dab in the middle of exams I feel for you and am praying that you kick some higher academic butt. For those friends and relatives who are correcting papers and giving exams…go easy on the kids…it’s Christmas time.

3 comments:

Beckie B said...

I'm cracked up that cigarette is a word that you're struggling with. I mean, is that a word you'll be using on a daily basis?

Amber Son said...

Beckie took the words right out of my mouth...seriously.

jesserae said...

Yes. There may be a time when I want to say please don't smoke that cigarette, or cigarettes are not good, OR NO cigarettes allowed.