I had the opportunity to go to Washington D.C. on Saturday. This city pays homage to those who have gone before us.
The monuments are built in such a way that you can’t help but find beauty and awe in them thus, putting the observer in the frame of mind that helps one honor those who have gone before us.

On Friday I saw a one woman play about one of the first American females to go to China and spend her entire life working to help the poor. She was surprisingly candid and spoke of the difficult time in living there and fighting the bureaucracy of the company that commissioned her to go.
While she was talking I realized that this woman has gone before me. She has broken down barriers and blazed a trail that I freely walk on.
Last night I went to a church service where they honored people who had retired from working overseas. Some of these people had served for 40 years in a foreign country. Some had lost a spouse or child during their time of service.
Again, during this time I realized “these people have gone before me” They have blazed new trails and open doors. They have helped pave a way for me.
One of the retirees in his testimony said, “God, has ordained every step” What a promise that is. As a Christian I take comfort in knowing that as I prepare to move over seas that God has prepared every step that I will take.
Thank you to those who have gone before me.
5 comments:
um....I was going to comment on this blog, but these crazy pictures from berto and jorge are freaking me out.
I've since deleted those strange comments...I thought it strange as well Andrea
Post a Comment