Saturday, June 28, 2008

Observations on Newark, NJ airport


**last night I was stuck in the Newark airport...these are my thoughts**

• There seems to be a line at every woman’s bathroom…very problematic.

• Loved the waiter with a New Jersey accent and how he called me “doll”…this would secure him a 3$ tip (that and he looked just like Ami James)

• No free wi –fi …booo

• There seems to be an obvious distinction between the American tourist and the European tourist…mainly I don’t think Europeans wear flip-flops while traveling.

• Today I don’t feel like traveling alone

• NJ’s Seattle’s Best lacks frappachinos and any form of green tea. Customer service is poor as well and I can’t seem to find a lid to fit my drink…no offense Seattle’s Best but what is the deal with Jersey’s aversion to Starbucks.

• The man in the Indian Jones hat is creeping me out…and he most likely will be sitting next to me on the airplane.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL. I love the Newark airport...mainly because you can see downtown NYC though. And I wasn't "stuck." So maybe I just had a better experience than you? I want to be added to your update list...I'll get you my email soon. Hopefully.

Unknown said...

If you dig Ami James, check out my blog: www.victoriasrighthip.typepad.com/