Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Time. If flys

Time. It flys....it also freaks me out. It seems like just yesterday I arrived in America and it was sunny and warm. Before I knew it the weather was distinctively cooler and I was stuffing my face with a Thanksgiving feast. Where did the time go?!

I think my constant traveling has played a large part in my loss of time. Over the past few months I've spent very little time at my parents house. I've spent more nights on friend's couches than in my own bed.

My adventures have taken me from Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, back to Portland and the occupiers, a WSU football game and the Oregon coast. Here are a few of the highlights....

My company had me go to Virginia for some debriefing. It was a much needed trip and it also allowed me to catch up with some old friends. On my way home I decided to make a pit-stop in Tennessee and visit my good friend Jenn Hand. The trip held a few surprised, as it always does when one spends time with Jenn, but best of all it was great to spend time with my friend. I was impressed with Southern hospitality and the beauty of Tennessee. Let's face it coming from the Northwest I can be a bit of a snob.
Here area few things I learned on this trip
*Southerners like to hug, listen to Christina music in restaurants, and ask EVERYONE how they are doing. At times their affection was exhausting for this Northwest girl.
*Chattanooga TN is a very cute town. I loved the cute coffee shops, and street performers.
*The South's love for rocking chairs is contagious. I want one.
*Everyone should have a friend that is a professional counselor. Jenn is currently working towards this and she is skilled in asking all the right questions.
*Purchasing a phone with GPS was one of the best investments I've made in America.



I'll tell you more about my adventures tomorrow.



No comments: