The day we went to the school was gray and rainy but that did not dampen the spirits of the children.
Because there were four of us and only two classrooms (village schools are small) we split up, the girls taking the little ones and the boys taking the older ones.
I decided to try and teach my class the hokey pokey. As I started teaching the song we had to take an intermission and go over Left and Right. I quickly learned that Left and Right should NOT be taught while standing in a circle. Finally the kids got it and they performed what I thought was one pretty cute rendition of the Hokey Pokey.
During break time the boys played a muddy game of soccer, the girls vied for photos, and the loners sat down and chowed on some grilled corn.
Should you ever come to a village school you will immediately fall in love with the children. You may even find yourself rationalizing kidnapping.
Here are a few of my favorite pics of the kids...
No comments:
Post a Comment