Monday, March 16, 2009

Mountain Journal Entry

 

Journal entry March 10, 2009

Today I remembered why I never had the desire to come back here (Himalayas). I hate walking uphill. I’ve truly never understood those who chase after huphill adventures.

From a young age I’ve avoided walking uphill. In college I mastered new ways of getting around going uphill, thanks to New Holland Library and it’s elevator. Now, I sit here in this nice cozy lodge with tomorrow looming over me. For tomorrow brings three hours of walking UP.

When you are on the trail one has a lot of time to think. My converstations with God are many and it is hard to peg just one lessons He is teaching me.

TRUST is one of many lessons. Trust Him to lead me on this journey. Trust Him to Provide peace as I follow. Trust that his plan is better than mine.

Could my walk with Christ be like this trail…uphill? It’s not easy, it takes work, and can cause pain. There is only ONE trail that will lead you to the place you need to go and it is up. All the way up there are AMAZING views and at times one can become overwhelmed with the magnituted of the mountains and reminded just how small we are.

When you finally reach the top it's AMAZING…and there is a bakery with yummy chocolate crossants
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your journal entry - I love seeing your heart. You are awesome!

Love ya.
Jamie